There is this lecturer whom I get to know recently, associate professor Dr. S. He is our facilitator for our Problem Base Learning(PBL) group since last week, but the year one students have all heard a lot about him ever since we enter the school of Medicine.
Our first PBL session with him was a total disaster. Not that he is not good enough, but because we sucked.
It was a very different experience of a PBL session compare with our previous sessions with other lecturers. We're not supposed to refer to our notes, and we're required to name the source where we acquire our information from. Worse, if you say you read it somewhere on the internet, he will not accept the answer.
I thought it was fuck up enough, until he directed the question to me. He was very critical. Then I knew how little I know.
I just love the way he speaks, and I'm not talking about his Indian accent.
"The only easy way out, is going down."
"If your sources is from trash, your knowledge is rubbish"
"You must study, and learn to enjoy studying. If you have time for other entertainment, you're not doing your job."
"This is how you start your career.( He was referring to a student who came in 3 mins late for lecture) I wonder how it is going to end."
" Michelangelo is a true artist. The modern artists are just like us, no standard."
" Even if you score an A, without understanding, I consider you as a failure"
" You can only fail once in your life. There is no second chance."
My second PBL session with him is tomorrow. Wish me luck
Oct 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment