Oct 24, 2008

The following post is 18++++ *Cultured drinks*

I have warned you, if you are easily offended, skip this post.






I bet most of you have hear of the miraculous work of cultured drink. (e.g Y*kult and Vit*gen)

Drink it everyday and it helps in your digestion (or so they claim in their TV commercials), have you ever wonder how it works?




I am not going to unimpressed you with my incredible lack of microbiology knowledge by giving you wrong informations, so I shall just state a few facts that I know. They might be wrong.

Cultured drinks contains a genus of Gram positive facultative anaerobic bacteria, called Lactobacillus. Lactobacillus helps our digestion because they are symbiotic in our gastrointestinal tract. I do not know which species is used though, but according to my convenient research on google, most commonly used species in milk culture are L. acidophilus, L. casei, L. helveticus, L. lactis, L. plantarum, and L. salivarius.

Lactobacillus, this genus of bacteria might sound familiar to biology students. Oh hell yes, it is also the same genus that lives happily in vagina. They are symbiotic in vagina too. That is why prolonged mis-used of antibiotic will result in Candidosis, a yeast infection when Lactobacillus are killed.


Let's recap. Lactobacillus are found in cultured drinks, and at the same time they resides in vagina.
Lactobacillus is good for your digestive system, and are essential in a healthy vagina too.

Okay you are still reading. So far you don't find anything offensive. Good. It is not too late to close this window.

For girls, when you're having vagina thrush, just go to your nearest convenient stall and get a bottle of Vitagen. Apply a generous amount on infected area. If it does not work, feel free to come to my clinic for consultation.

Suggestion for guys when you have a digestive problem, look for your girlfriend. Get your serving of Lactobacillus.

It is natural, no artificial chemicals added, no preservatives and the best part, it is free!!!




*The above post is solely for entertainment. Please do not take the information seriously. If you are having serious digestive problems or vagina thrush, common sense tells you to consult your health care professionals.

*Edited for a more precise direction for female patients. Thanks yf, point noted ;)

No comments: