Abstact from Perl's blog:
"to entertain well requires hours of study, disciplined practice, eloquent scripting, diligent rehearsal and a passionate performance"
However, there is much more to that line.
It might not mean a thing to many. But it is an asphyxiating issue to those who see magic as a part of their lives.
Behold the heaviness and devastating 6 words' sentence follows.
"... and that's just the self-working stuff."
- Mick Ayres
These are the five paraphernalia. At least this is what Mick Ayres thinks.
I agree to him. Undoubtedly. But somehow I felt something is missing... perhaps there is a 6th obligation?
There is. At least this is what I think.
"Be a likeable person."
When I said likeable, it doesn't mean only during your performance.
It must be stuck to you forever throughout your lives.
To be a good magician, first, be good to your family members.
Second, be good to all your friends. Third, be good to everyone.
Basically, be an exemplary man who cherishes and loves every and every thing.
"to entertain well requires hours of study, disciplined practice, eloquent scripting, diligent rehearsal and a passionate performance... and that's just the self-working stuff. But way before that, learn to be a person. A likeable one."
- Mick Ayres and Perl
Yup. That's it. The Six Obligations of Conjuring.
Truthfully,
perl
So true.
Perl's my first magic teacher. Now he's in taiwan, thanks to the advancement in communication and technology, I'm still able to learn from him.
http://giftedgrifter.spaces.live.com/default.aspx
May 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment