If you're easily offended, leave.
A few years ago I considered myself a professional magician. Believe it or not, I thought getting my first paid gig elevate my status from a hobbyist to a pro. I was 16.
I started magic when I was 14, and 2 yrs of experience doesnt produce professionals. I was practising 12 hrs a day everyday for 2 years, I was devoted but as a matter of fact I suck.
But people hired me, I was on TV and stuff, merely because so and so says that I can perform well and I get shows. (yea I was sort of like "above average" back then when the standard was low) After every single show I thought I struggled because the crowd was bad, the enviroment wasnt optimum for performance, and tons of ridiculous excuses for screwing up.
Now that I've been performing paid gigs for around 5 years, since last year, miraculously there is no more "bad crowd" and people wants to see me perform even when we're standing under the blazing sun.
My point is, perhaps I wasnt that much of a "professional" 5 years ago. The problem was me. But I failed to realized that. People around me thought I was good. Shit. So I was living in my deluded world for several year and it damaged the industry I love so deeply.
Well but it is far more devastating in the recent years. People who just picked up magic for 1 year starts to call themselves professionals. It is disgusting to see some teenage boys doing mind reading on stage. The professional image of magician is wrecked. Fuck them in the face.
Hey mate doing paid shows doesnt make you a pro.
Laughing at others' tragedy makes me feel better. Okay maybe magic is a lil bit screwed, but another industry is totally fucked.
I mean like gang banged by 10 donkeys in the ass.
I'm talking about the professional photographers.
You guys seriously...
I mean there are people who just bought a DSLR and became a pro faster than getting an erection watching Paris Hilton's sex tape. Faster than your boy friend's orgasm.
How do you guys survive?
I was on the phone asking my friend if i should get my photoshot done for my profile, and he said, "A few of us in the club are interested in photography, why not do it ourselves?"
Geat idea. I agreed.
I mean around 10% of my friends owns DSLR. Yea I don't have much friends. XD. Shit then who needs professional photographers?
And some of my friends are now pro. Whoa. Congratulations. I am SO PROUD OF YOU.
why does that sounds sarcastic? :P
Try to draw a line between professionalism and hobbies. I don't know shit about photography but I think it is not that easy. I'm not trying to deny the possibility that you're extremely gifted in that field, but hey, maybe you're deluded, just like I was.
Jan 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment