Nov 11, 2008

Emo-ing

Guys (and Girls) thank you for helping me with both my Johari and Nohari window. The reason behind all these is that I am back to the basics for my magic. I realized there is something wrong with my on stage character, which was described as "obnoxious" by my mentor during one of the previous club meetings some time ago after several slightly insulting(& slightly vulgar) remarks on the volunteer.

A few months ago I was extremely fortunate to have the opportunity to direct my question to the world's leading pickpocket entertainer, Apollo Robbins in an online forum.

Hi KenophLai,

Q:In your opinion, how can one presents a pickpocketing routine returning the goods without appear to be arrogant?

Often a lot of magicians can seem to adopt a look-at-what-I-can-do-and-you-can't attitude.
That is magnified when they try their hand at pickpocketing. I feel it is essential to remember the pickpocket is supposed to be the "gentleman thief"... not boastful and arrogant.

Just because you steal an item doesn't mean you have to just return it. There are many other possibilities... be creative.

~Apollo



Oh crap I AM BOTH BOASTFUL & ARROGANT.

Thank you guys for telling me that. I KNOW IT'S SO BLOODY OBVIOUS IT'S AMAZING I NEED REMINDERS to know that I am boastful, arrogant and vulgar (+ self centered+ Irritating + disorganized + inconsiderate+...).

Guys I am growing up. I want to change. I mentioned somewhere that the process of maturation can be agonizingly long, please bear with me. I really appreciate your tolerance. Sometimes I cant even stand myself. LOL

Once again, thank you my friend. Love you all.

Kenoph Lai

No comments: